Adjusting Shanghai's Current Unemployment Insurance Policy to Implement Social Insurance Law
- Document Number：No. 42  of Shanghai Municipal People's Government
- Area of Law： Insurance
- Level of Authority： Local Regulatory Documents
- Date issued：07-01-2016
- Effective Date：07-01-2016
- Status： Effective
- Issuing Authority： People's Government of Shanghai Municipality
Notice of Shanghai
Municipal People's Government on Adjusting this Municipality's Current
Unemployment Insurance Policy to Implement Social Insurance Law
(No. 42  of Shanghai Municipal People's Government)
The people's governments of all districts and counties of Shanghai Municipality; and all commissions, offices and bureaus of the Shanghai Municipal People's Government:
For the purpose of implementing the Social Insurance Law, you are hereby notified of the adjustments to this Municipality's current unemployment insurance policy as follows:
I. An unemployed person who participates in this Municipality's basic medical insurance for employees during the period of receiving unemployment insurance compensation may enjoy the basic medical insurance benefits. The base for payment of the basic medical insurance premium by an unemployed person is 60% of the average monthly salary of employees of this Municipality in the previous year, and the payment proportion is 12%. The premium shall be paid from the unemployment insurance fund, and individual persons are exempt from payment of the basic medical insurance premium.
II. Where an unemployed person falls within any of the following circumstances during the period of receiving unemployment insurance compensation, he or she shall stop receiving unemployment insurance compensation and shall be deprived of other unemployment insurance benefits:
(1) The person is reemployed.
(2) The person is conscripted.
(3) The person has emigrated.
(4) The person enjoys the basic pension insurance benefits.
(5) The person is admitted to a full-time post-secondary school.
(6) The person refuses without good reasons the appropriate job or training recommended or provided by the public employment service agency.
This Notice shall come into force on July 1, 2016 and shall expire on June 30, 2021. In the case of any discrepancy between the current provisions of this Municipality and this Notice, this Notice shall prevail.
Shanghai Municipal People's Government
July 1, 2016